We have tested & used over 18 different types of small unit solar chargers based on durability, charging speed, capacity and value for money.
Here are the 8 best solar panel phone chargers for every day use.
Don’t spend hundreds of dollars on a cheap and inferior products that will break or take too long to charge, stick with what are proven to work.
Check them out below:
Best Portable Solar Phone Chargers
Why Buy This One? The Venture 30 Solar Power Bank stores up to 7800 mAh of power and it works like a champ. Pair it with a fast charging solar panel and you’re ready to go.
- 7,800mAh battery can charge phones, cameras, tablets, and USB devices
- Nomad 7 Plus’s Auto-restart feature automatically reconnects charging devices disconnected due to environmental causes
- Nomad 7 Plus’s Solar Intensity Indicator uses four LED lights to keep you to keep you apprised of the current solar conditions.
- Two 2.4A USB ports supply a fast charge to 2 devices at the same time
- The unit has a certified micro USB cable for charging phone and tablets.
- IPX6 water-resistant rating withstands spray, rain, and splashes, allowing you to charge on the water or at the beach.
- Optimized for quick charging from the included Nomad 7 solar panel or any USB port
- Kit Includes: Venture 30 Power Bank, Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel
- Weight with Kickstand: 17.0 oz (482 g) [without Kickstand: 12.5 oz (354 g)]
- Dimensions (unfolded): 13 x 8.75 x 0.5 in (33 x 22.23 x 1.27 cm)
- Dimensions (folded): 6.5 x 8.75 x 0.75 in (16.5 x 22.23 x 1.9 cm)
- Max Leg Angle: 90 degrees
- Warranty: 12 months
The Goal Zero Venture 30’s 7,800 mAh battery supports charging phones, cameras, tablets, and other USB devices.
Described as a power Bank – a battery pack – and a solar panel, as if it’s two separate units, it offers bells and whistles that less-expensive units do not. It weighs 3.3 ounces left then the least expensive solar panel battery charger.
The Venture 30 power Bank with Nomad 7+ solar kit is priced at retail $179.95, but there are cheaper options available by clicking on the link below:
Goal Zero Nomad 20
Why Get This One? The Goal Zero Nomad 20 is by far the fastest charging device before spending over $280. If you need speed and a rugged product, this is the one to get.
Fast Charging – Fastest 4-8 hrs charge on Flip 36 battery bank (10050 mAh)
Easily FoldablePlus Kick Stand – Carry it anywhere you want and deploy the kick stand into place at multiple angles to maximize solar exposure
Multi Charge Ports – Works for USB, vehicle cig plug, and solar ports to connect additional solar panels for even faster charging speed
Convenient Plugs Container – Store all your cords in the side mesh pocket without needing a separate bag to carry them.
- Weight: 2.28 lbs
- Dimension (folded): 11.5″X21.75″X0.75″
- Dimension (unfolded): 11.5″X7.4″X1.25″
- Cable length: 6 ft
- Rated power: 20W
- Type: Monocrystalline
- Power: 14-22V (up to 1.3A)
- Ports: 8mm, USB, solar ports
RAVPOWER Outdoor Solar Power Mobile Phone Charger
Here’s what our research shows. This portable solar panel phone charger is waterproof and shockproof. It holds 12X the battery capacity of an iPhone 8. Key features include 5V 24,000 mAh charging for up to 10 or more full charges for the average Smartphone. It supplies 60+ hours of talk time and 50+ hours of browsing.
Devices get correct power while the solar panel gives you emergency charging power from the sun. It offers Type C charging in and out for laptops and other advanced devices, and Quick Charge 3.0 for charging enabled devices 75% faster. It’s small. It’s light. It’s powerful. Here are the fast and dirty Specifications:
The four-piece foldable solar panel is rated for 6 W; the five piece is rated for 7.5 W. SunPower cells convert up to 23% of solar power to energy. The charger is capable of charging 2 devices simultaneously. With its ultrathin in and foldable design, users can make full use of the 4 eyeholes and attach it with 2 carabiners / ropes to your backpack whenever you go. The portable solar charger features an IPX4 waterproof rate, which is resistant to spraying water and dust
- Smartphone solar charger Size: 153 x 75 x 25mm, extension 520mm.
- Color: Black Charger: The foldable solar panel 4PCS is folded to 6W, 5PCS is 7.5W.
- Input voltage: 5 v / 2A. Output current: 5 v / 2A.
- Scope of application: for iPad, for iPhone, other brand mobile phones, PSP, MP3, MP4 and other digital products
- Product weight: 0.2200 kg
- Product size: 15.30 x 7.50 x 2.50 cm / 6.02 x 2.95 x 0.98 inches
- Package weight: 0.2770 kg
- Package size: 18.00 x 10.00 x 4.00 cm / 7.09 x 3.94 x 1.57 inches
- Package Contents: 1 x Solar Charger (Folding 4pcs / Folding 5pcs) 1 x Hook 1 x Compass
This portable solar panel phone charger is priced at $16.99.
At more than 1/2 pound with a case that’s 7″ x 3.5″ by nearly an inch thick, Renogy’s E-Power portable charger is at least a pocket full, nearly large enough to make you put it in your pack. With a lithium-ion polymer battery and a capacity of 10,000 mA hours, this portable solar panel phone charger appears sturdy. It has only a USB-A port, although its advertising professes that it’s universally compatible with all brands and all models of phone.Key Features
- Battery capacity 10,000 mA hours
- Lithium-ion polymer battery
- micro USB charging interface
- USB type A device interface
- Universal brand and model compatibility
- 6.45 inches X 3 .38 inches X 0 .85 inches
- 0.63 pounds
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty on parts and labor
The Renogy E.POWER 10,000 mAh Portable Charger Is a “bare-bones” unit but has many of the features found on the most expensive portable solar panel phone charger.
You can charge it at home through a wall plug before you go onto a trip, and if it runs out then let the solar panel recharge the power bank and be ready for anything.
The Renogy E.POWER 10,000 mAh Portable Charger is priced at $ $29.99
The Toughtested Bigfoot 24 mill after our solar power Bank has both a single high-speed USB-C port and to USB-A ports. Tough tested’s QuickCharge 3.0 and the proprietary Rapid Charging Technology built into the latest devices and charge enabled devices up to 75% faster.
Their Instasense Power Sharing Technology chip supplies the proper power to charge any device To its maximum charge. An LED flashlight is part of the unit and provides light up to 30 m in high intensity and low intensity beams as a, strobe, and in an SOS mode.
- Battery Charger
- Output Voltage
- 2 x USB Type-A: 2.4 A @ 5 VDC/ 1 x USB Type-C Power Delivery: 3 A @ 5 VDC
- Charging Seats: 2 x USB-A, 1 x USB-A
- Standard Charging Period: 0 to 50% in about 30 minutes
- Charge Capacity: 24,000mAh
- Warranty: Parts, 5 Years; Labor, 5 Years
This portable solar panel phone charger is available for usually for $99.98.
There’s enough backup power to charge a phone up to 3 times, as well as being water-resistant.Simply clip the lightweight portable charger to your backpack, belt, or any place with exposure to direct sunlight to charge your phone or any other devices you have.
Automatically recognizes your devices and it supplies the best charging input at the best speed to minimize charging time.
Equipped with dual smarts find you SB outlet ports (a 5v., 2.1A/5v, 1 A) to charge two digital devices.The solar cells convert up to 20% of solar energy to charge your phone or other devices.The ultrathin design is foldable making the charger easy to carry and the USB ports are protected by a silicone cover to make them rain proof and dustproof.
Priced at $46.99, this unit stands for a mid-price range choice.
User-friendly, durable, and stylish with an emergency charger for cell phone or other compatible devices. The dual USB port allows you to charge two different interface accessories. The case is ABS silicone and measures 138mm X 76mm X 19 mm.
The input voltage is 5VDC and 1A for port 1. The output voltage Is 5VDC and 1A. The output port to is 5V and 2.1 A. The unit weighs 250 g. This unit also requires separate acquisition of the iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 lightning adapter And AC plugs.
The charger can give up to six full charges depending on your telephone’s conversion rate. The company guarantees between three and four charges.
The package includes one you will USB solar power charger and compass. As previously noted, the adapter for the iPhone five and iPhone six and the AC wall plug for these phones is not included with this unit.
The unit cost is $31.99.
The 4Patriots Patriot Power Cell is a backup portable solar panel charger with built-in solar panel that charges in the sun and fits in your pocket. This power bank has a heavy-duty build that can withstand drops, splashes and spills. Less than 5 1/2 inches long and 3 inches wide, the 4Patriots Patriot Power Cell weighs less than 7 ounces and has a built-in crystalline silicon solar panel. It will fit in a pocket as well as a pack.
- Uses rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions: 5.4″ L x 2.9″ W
- Weighs less than 7 ounces
- Capacity: 8,000 mAh
- Built-in, 5-inch deluxe crystalline silicon solar panel
- Compatible with any USB-compatible device
- Each solar charger is equipped with two (2) USB charging docks
- 2-LED flashlight with S.O.S. flasher option
- Passes TSA regulations for carry-on lithium batteries
- FREE Shipping & Handling
This portable solar panel phone charger sells for $99.
How to choose for a Portable Solar Panel Phone Charger
Choosing the best portable solar panel phone charger doesn’t depend on some external standard. Rather “best” is what’s best for you. First, evaluate a phone charger and see how its features and specifications suit your needs.
You may need a charger that fits in a small space or that has both USB -A and USB-C ports, or indicates how much visible light is available. You may need a unit that you can hang on the back of your rucksack or you may need a unit that sits on the table next to your tent’s door.
After you taken stock of the features of each of the portable solar panel phone chargers and decided what features you can’t live without, it’s time to look at the prices. You may find that all of the features you need are available in the least expensive of chargers, or you may find that the one feature you can’t live without is found only in the most expensive.
So, choosing the best portable solar panel phone charger might be a battle – a battle between the features you think you need and your pocketbook. Questioning your own needs and doing a bit of research about what a charger actually offers can save you a bit of money.
Take careful note of the features available in every charger you consider. It may be that they are available and less expensive portable solar panel phone chargers. If they are not, you face a choice. You may need to adjust your list of the things you want to charge her to do.
Or, you may need to fork over more money than you planned to if that’s the only way to get the features you must have in the charger.